Planning Your Holiday Content
Planning your content strategy for the holidays should start a long time before the holidays come. If you wait too long, you may end up picking up the crumbs of your competitors. Waiting for the start of the third or fourth quarter to start planning will leave you well behind your competitors. At this point, you may not be able to catch up. Due to this, you should start planning for your holiday content early.
You should already set your target market when you create your content strategy. It is also important to take into account the holiday you are planning for since content for Christmas may not be applicable for Anzac Day. Aside from Christmas and Anzac Day, you should also take into account New Year’s Day, Australia Day, and Easter when you plan for the holidays. Another thing to consider are the products you are offering during the holidays. Are these evergreen products or are these seasonal products?
After you have taken these points into account, you will have to focus on the content you will post on your website.
Since the holidays are unlike other days of the year, you need to plan the content you will post on your website. There are different types of content that you may post for the holidays. You can get ahead of your competition by posting the following content on your website:
- Holiday Gift Guides – While people normally expect or give a gift for the holiday, they may not have any idea on what they should buy. Due to this, you may consider writing a holiday gift guide to give your customers an idea on what they should buy. The gift guide should be properly segmented so the customer will know what to get for who.
- Holiday Promotions – Since people tend to spend a lot during the holidays, business come up with their own promotions to entice consumers to buy from them. You should not allow yourself to be left behind. You need to provide the necessary incentives so customers will buy from you instead of your competition. This holiday promotions a good content idea you can post on your website.
- Summary Posts – These types of posts are good for the Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays. These posts provide a summary of past events and posts you have on your website. You can use these posts to drive traffic back to the best-performing articles on your website. It can even be used to promote some brands you are carrying in your store. You can even highlight some of the top products for the year.
- Things to Expect Posts –While these posts are normally made at the end of the year, you can also use them to stir up interest for a coming holiday. Aside from a list of products customers can expect for the coming year, you can also use the post to survey what they want to have for a coming holiday.
One way for you to take advantage of the holiday rush and increase sales is to have a lineup of offers for your customers during this time of the year.
- Discounts – Discounts are one of the best incentive for consumers to buy at any store. During the holidays, some of your posts should give your customers information about discounts available for them. These discounts may be for products that were sold at regular price before the holidays. Consumers normally look forward to the holidays due to the discounts offered by stores.
- Limited –Time Offers – These types of offers are seasonal and are limited to a certain time of the year. It is usually available during the holidays. You can offer additional discounts, Buy-One-Get-One (BOGO) offers, or product vouchers to your customers
- Freebies – Getting something for free is something anyone would like to have. Due to this, you may include freebies for some products you are offering during the holidays.
Updating Google My Business (GMB) hours
The holidays normally mean changes on your store hours. You may want to keep your store open longer to take advantage of the deluge of shoppers and get more sales. On the other hand, you may also want to shorten store hours to give your people more time to spend with their respective families. Whichever the case may be, it is still important to update your GMB business information.
Updating the business hours will give your customers a heads up on how long your store will be open for them. It will also allow them to plan their shopping ahead of time. It will be a win-win situation for you and your customers since you can still take advantage of the holiday rush while your customers will know when they should visit your store.
People look forward to holidays since it is the time of the year when they can spend quality time with family and friends. Aside from this, they can also take advantage of promotions offered by their favorite stores for the holidays. With this in mind, you can implement a suitable holiday strategy to increase sales during this time of the year.
We hope you find this post useful.
Are you looking for a team who can translate your design ideas to a stunning, responsive website? Partner with Morningstar Digital and let’s make your business stand out online. We’ll let you see the design concept in advance so you know the design you’re getting before we even send a project proposal.
Book a Complementary Discovery Call Or Video Session Today!