Great job! You finally launched a website for your business. This will be the start of a whole new adventure for you. While a website is important to reach a bigger market, this is just the first step in your journey through the world wide web. It may take some time before your website will show up on the search results. The time may vary and may reach up to four weeks. While waiting, there are several things that you can do to boost your online presence.
Next Step: Google My Business
One of the things you should do after your business goes online is to have it listed on Google My Business (GMB). It is a tool that makes it easier for your potential customers to find your business online. Since it makes your business more visible online, it increases your reach into the market. Moreover, getting listed on GMB does not cost anything. All you need to do is to register your business and verify it. After the verification process, your business will appear on the right side of the Google search results.
This free online tool is great for local SEO. It allows you to stand out in your market. Research has shown that 50 percent of consumers visit the store within the same day they performed a local search. Just make sure all the details you provide are accurate and updated.
Launching through Videos
With the website set up and your business listed on GMB, the next thing you should do is to make people aware of your website. Including a video in this marketing strategy is a good way to let people know about the website. This is important these days since videos convert. Studies have shown that around 60 to 80 percent of viewers are more likely to purchase after watching a video.
You see videos engage and inspire your viewers to take action. They also entertain and educate. Videos allow you to explain the product or service you are offering. Explainer videos have become a must in the world of startups since they can easily provide information about a product or a service. This makes it essential to include videos in increasing awareness about your website.
But you should make sure to make the video interesting. You can also make a video answering questions the consumers may have. These videos can also have testimonials from your existing customers. If the video is well-made, it may even go viral. And this will be the best thing to happen to your business. It will increase awareness of levels you may not have imagined.
Maintaining the Website
Once your website is up and running, it is necessary to make sure it stays that way. If you neglect this step in the process, your website may become outdated. And this will ruin your reputation, which is something you would rather avoid.
A well-maintained website allows you to keep your existing customers and attract new ones. Moreover, it also allows you to update any information that may have changed since the website was launched. Due to this, you need to create a maintenance checklist so you will cover all bases. You can either maintain the website yourself or you can look for maintenance packages suitable to your needs.
While using videos is a great way to market your website, you should consider other marketing options available for you. Let us take a look at five ways you can market your website are reach a wider market on the worldwide web.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – this is one of the best ways to increase the online visibility of your website. SEO may be a tedious task, but it provides a lot of benefits for your website in the long run. You should consider working on both on-page and off-page SEO, including link-building, use of keywords, and ensuring search engines index your website properly.
- Retargeting – retargeting involves putting tracking cookies on the computers of your visitors. When they leave your website, they will start seeing ads for your website. Retargeting allows you to reach visitors of your website who left without making any purchase.
- Blogging and guest blogging – while creating engaging and relevant content on your website will attract more visitors, you can also write for well-known blogs in your niche. You can build traffic when you include a link to your website in the biography. Just make sure the blog you are writing for allows the link back to your website.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) – PPC allows you to increase the traffic into your website from Google and other search engines. You basically pay a fee each time your ad is clicked on the search engine. You can consider using Google Ads since it does not have any spending requirement. Just make sure to select suitable keywords that will ensure your ads will reach your target audience.
- Social Media – With social media so ingrained in the lives of millions of people, it is only fitting you use it to market your website. Due to this, creating social media accounts for your website or business is the best way to use this marketing method. The important thing is you give potential customers a compelling reason to like or follow your social media accounts so you will have the opportunity to make a conversion.
Launching a website is just the first step in building an online presence for your business. It may take a lot of work before you can make conversions through your website. The points mentioned in this article can serve as your roadmap in your journey through the world wide web.